Roasted parm potatoes add a softness to crispy crunchy kale, broccoli & jalapeño. Add capers and punchy mustard dressing and you’ve got yourself a delicious & healthy salad!
- 1 lb fingerling or little potatoes
- high heat oil (like avocado) or good quality cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 bunch kale (I prefer flat-leaf if it’s available)
- 2 heads broccoli, florets & stalks
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 3 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 scallions (white part and about 2 inches of green)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, zest & juice
- 4 anchovy fillets or 2 tablespoons kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard or dijon
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut potatoes into small pieces—about dime-size and ½ inch thick. Toss with oil/cooking spray, garlic powder, parmesan, and several big pinches of salt. Spread out evenly on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Meanwhile, prep your salad.
- Wash kale, strip from stems, and slice into ½ inch thick ribbons.
- Cut broccoli florets from stalks and chop finely. Cut an inch off the bottom of the stalk and discard. Use a peeler to peel a few layers off of the stalk & discard, then thinly slice stalk. I like to use my mandoline. (VERY CAREFULLY!!)
- Thinly slice jalapeño, removing ribs & seeds if you don’t like spice.
- Measure out capers.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl or tupperware.
- Make the dressing. Combine all dressing ingredients in a mini food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Alternatively, mince all ingredients and shake them up in a mason jar.
- Combine roasted potatoes, salad ingredients, and dressing. Enjoy!
- The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products that could help you make this recipe!
Keywords: broccoli, kale, potatos, jalapeños, mustard, parmesan, vegetarian