- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & smashed
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 15 oz chickpeas
- ¾ cup harissa
- 16 ounces block feta cheese
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 lb pasta of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400° and set rack in the middle.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, add cherry tomatoes, garlic cloves, chicken breast, chickpeas, and harissa and toss. Place the 2 blocks of feta in the middle of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes, then remove chicken and check for doneness (165°) with a cooking thermometer. Remove chicken and return baking sheet to oven for 30 more minutes. Let chicken cool slightly and chop into chunks.
- Meanwhile, boil heavily salted water for pasta. Make pasta according to box directions, reserving at least 1 cup pasta liquid. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- When most tomatoes are burst and feta is browned on top, carefully mush the feta and stir everything up so tomatoes and chickpeas are covered in melted feta. Sprinkle fresh parsley over.
- Pour tomato/chickpea/feta mixture over pasta, adding chicken, and stir until all is combined. Add reserved pasta water bit by bit if you want it to be more saucy. (I usually add a whole cup of pasta water.) Enjoy!
- The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products that could help you make this recipe!
- I have found harissa in various places in the grocery store. Sometimes it’s in the international food section, sometimes it’s in the hot sauce section. Make sure to taste your harissa—if it’s super spicy, you might want to use less and add a little olive oil if needed. (I like the Mina brand—even the “spicy” one isn’t very spicy.)
- If you’re super worried about spice or can’t find harissa, a roasted red pepper sauce would be a good substitute.
- You could easily make this vegetarian by omitting the chicken.
- Not a fan of feta? Try subbing with goat cheese!
Keywords: feta, tiktok, pasta, tomatoes, chickpeas, chicken