Roasted pecans, chocolate wafer cookies, extra salt, and sweetened condensed milk make these Rice Krispie Treats salty-sweet and extra gooey. They’re addictive!
Pecan Crunch adapted from Cake by Courtney
- 2 cups raw unsalted pecans
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cup chocolate wafer cookies, chopped
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16-ounce) package mini marshmallows (regular ones are fine too but minis melt faster)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Toast pecans on a sheet pan in the oven for 12–15 minutes. They are done when they are fragrant and a little more brown than before.
- Meanwhile, pulse chocolate wafer cookies in a food processor until crumbly, or use a knife and coarsely chop. Pour into a large bowl. Add Rice Krispies to this bowl and mix.
- When the pecans are done, add them to the food processor with 3 tablespoons melted butter, brown sugar, and salt. Blend until crumbly—just a few pulses. Or use a knife to mince pecans. Add to Rice Krispie bowl and mix until combined.
- In a pot over the stove on medium heat, add remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and sweetened condensed milk. Bring to a boil and then turn heat to low and stir in marshmallows and vanilla. Work quickly and stir constantly so the mixture doesn’t burn. Stir until marshmallows are melted, then turn off heat and pour over Rice Krispie bowl. (Or pour Rice Krispie mixture into marshmallow pot—whichever is larger.)
- Mix until combined, then pour mixture into a greased 9×13 inch pan and push down so they’re flat in the pan. Let cool completely before cutting or they won’t hold their shape.
- The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products that could help you make this recipe!
Keywords: pecans, rice krispies, marshmallows, cookies