Herby, savory, chicken-seasoned Chex and crackers mixed with maple waffle cereal—so addicting!
- 1 ½ cups wheat Chex
- 1 ½ cups corn Chex (or rice Chex)
- ½ cup Original Goldfish
- ½ cup white cheddar Cheez-Its
- ½ cup mini Club crackers
- 1 cup Eggo Homestyle Waffle Cereal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken Better Than Bouillon or 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 ½ tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon each: garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, & thyme
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Mix all cereal/cracker ingredients except Eggo Waffle cereal in a 9×13 pan.
- In a small bowl, melt butter & chicken bouillon in the microwave. Mix until combined as best as you can—the chicken bouillon might not mix that well but do what you can.
- In another small bowl, mix the nutritional yeast & herbs together.
- Pour melted butter and bouillon onto the cereal/crackers and toss. Then sprinkle spice mixture over and toss until all is evenly coated.
- Put pan in the oven for 1 hour, tossing every 15 minutes.
- After the hour, take the pan out of the oven and add the Eggo Waffle cereal.
- Let cool & enjoy! Store in an airtight container.
- This is about a half batch of the original Chex mix recipe. It’s a good amount for just me and my huz to snack on for a couple days but if you have more snackers in your family, you might want to double the recipe.
Keywords: chex mix, chicken and waffles, savory sweet, salty sweet, snacks