Modeled after my favorite pizza from Red Wagon Co., the “Olive Oyl,” this delicious pizza has a pesto base, thick globs of creamy ricotta, green olives, artichokes, sauteed mushrooms, parmesan, lemon & black pepper. It is phenomenal.
- pizza dough (store bought or make your own, I like this no-knead recipe from Serious Eats)
- 6 ounces pesto (I used Rao’s brand)
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Castelvetrano or regular green olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup small canned artichokes, chopped
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- lemon, zest & juice
- several generous grinds of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Sauté mushrooms in a frying pan on medium heat with a bit of butter or olive oil until browned, season with salt. Set aside and let cool.
- Lightly spray a pizza pan or baking sheet with cooking spray. Roll out whatever dough you are using and spread it out on your baking vehicle of choice.
- Spread pesto evenly over the dough out to the edges.
- Dollop on ricotta, then spread each dollop a little bit so you have areas of thick ricotta.
- Evenly sprinkle olives, chopped artichokes, and sautéed mushrooms onto the pizza.
- Cover with grated parmesan, zest from 1 lemon and several grinds of black pepper.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, until crust looks crispy and toasty.
- Squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon (or less if your lemon is extra juicy) over the pizza. Let it cool for a few minutes, then cut it up and enjoy!
These were the measurements I used when I topped my pizza, but feel free to use however much of each ingredient you want!
Keywords: pizza, vegetarian, pesto, mushrooms, meatless monday, ricotta, olives, artichokes