Thick & creamy seasoned ricotta on crusty toasted bread, topped with jammy tomatoes, salty mushrooms, & lusciousss soft scrambled eggs!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk or cream
- salt & pepper
- 6–8 oz whole milk ricotta
- small clove of garlic, grated
- olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2–3 tbsp chopped chives, optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk 6 eggs with a generous sprinkling of salt and 1/4 cup whole milk. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, mix up the 6–8 oz ricotta, 1 clove grated garlic, and generous sprinkles of salt & pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium frying pan, heat a glug or two of olive oil on medium heat. Once oil is shimmering, add 8 oz roughly chopped mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Sauté mushrooms for 5 minutes, or until they begin to look toasty. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Repeat with 12 oz halved cherry tomatoes—heat olive oil, add tomatoes, season, sauté. Sauté until tomatoes are starting to look jammy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Put 2 slices of bread into the toaster.
- Using the same mushroom/tomato pan wiped clean (or a new pan), heat 2 tbsp butter on low heat. Once melted, add egg mixture and continuously stir until they are cooked to your liking. Stir in 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- Assemble! Spread a thick layer of seasoned ricotta on toast, spoon tomatoes, then mushrooms on top, then soft scrambled eggs with a sprinkling of chives. Repeat with toastie #2 and enjoy!
Keywords: luxurious, ricotta, eggs, breakfast, toastie, jammy tomatoes, mushrooms