These crispy oatmeal peanut butter bars are no-bake, naturally gluten-free, topped with chocolate, & easy to make, not to mention delicious!
- 1 1/4 cups smooth peanut butter (I use Skippy)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, honey, or agave syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or more, if needed)
- flaky salt like Maldon (optional)
- Prepare an 8×8-inch pan by lining with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add 1 ¼ cup peanut butter and ¼ cup syrup of choice, if using. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Add 1 tsp vanilla and mix until smooth. Taste the mixture and adjust sweetener if needed. If the mixture is not smooth and easily mixable, add 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted), or more if needed, until the mixture is smooth.
- Add ⅔ cups oats and ⅔ cups Rice Krispies to the peanut butter mixture. Mix until everything is evenly combined and oats & Krispies are fully coated in the peanut butter mixture.
- Press peanut butter mixture into the 8×8-inch pan with the back of a spoon or a spatula until it is an even and packed-down layer.
- In the same bowl (or a clean one if you want), add 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 tbsp coconut oil. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, then microwave again at 30 second intervals if needed until chocolate chips are melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over peanut butter mixture and spread it out evenly. Sprinkle with flaky salt and refrigerate for an hour until chocolate sets.
- Let bars come to room temperature before slicing if you want nice perfect slices.
- I like how sweet Skippy + maple syrup is, but if you prefer less sweetness, you can omit the syrup.
- If you prefer natural peanut butter, you may want to double the sweetener—just taste as you go in step 2.
- See the “Ingredients” header above for more modifications.
Keywords: chocolate, peanut butter, salty sweet, no bake, oats, gluten free